PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi Music

DearTabatha
03-03-2005, 08:36 PM
What do you guys like to listen to during your tai chi? I like to listen to this group Secret Garden. They are amazing, and help me get in touch wth myself. Anybody heard of them?

Shark
03-03-2005, 08:57 PM
i've heard secret garden are good;sorry for horning in again and over-posting but i'm bored,lonely and the keyboard keeps staring at me;when i stayed at the beautiful Mandarin Oriental
hotel in NYC this past summer,there was a cd furnished in the room,(next to other goodies,stereo and minibar);it's called "oriental wisdom" and probably the music that they use in their spa;anyway it turned out to be just perfect;we've discussed this befo but you could actually make your own sounds and record them using indigenous instruments like pipa,chinese bells,gongs,percussion and mini keyboard;you might be happier with that than something you could buy in a store

bobo711
03-03-2005, 09:28 PM
haven't heard of this group. could you tell us something about them? some of my students talk about doing TC to music and may be something of interest for us. thanks, take care and best wishes -- Bob

catpat
03-04-2005, 01:22 AM
will look out for Secret Garden...will check online to see if availabe in Aust. I use Paul's Music CD my first choice and the 8 Form Mulan Qigong CD set produced by Alice Yuan.....www.exercisemedicine.com.au It is beautiful. I have a few other new age type CD's but always come back to these two
Cheers
Cathy

Dave30
03-04-2005, 06:48 AM
I enjoy ELIXER - Music for Moving & Still Meditation, recorded and mixed by Ms. Yang Ying.

Dahlis Roy
03-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Favoite music for Tai Chi:

Paul's CD with River of Qi as my favorite. This music was composed by Jenny Ly while watching Paul perform Tai Chi.

Taiji Melody, Shanghai Traditional Chinese Orchestra CD features various form practice melodies.

Deuter's Wind and Mountain creates alpha waves in the brain as does Tai Chi practice for a relaxing blend.

I have also practiced at home with classical music and soft rock.

Enjoy your musical practice!

Dahlis

kawan
03-04-2005, 09:05 AM
When I want to practice Tai Chi in a more martial mood, I listen to the theme song of Once upon a time in China.

Shark
03-04-2005, 11:03 AM
thought i'd toss in a couple more,"chinese buddhist music 2 the sound of bell emitted in the evening from an ancient temple",nawang khechong,"sounds of peace",spirit of the tao te ching,richard warner....

carolinew
03-04-2005, 12:40 PM
One of my favorite pieces is Pachelbels Canon. There are a number of similar pieces. Also like Chinese Classical, and Dr. Lam has also had a say in some. Not sure if they are availible from this site, but you could also try www.newworldmusic.com

elan
03-04-2005, 08:00 PM
I like Secret Garden very much.

http://www.secretgarden.no/

Elan

DearTabatha
03-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the link!!!

tthomer
04-19-2005, 07:20 PM
There is another cd that I enjoy called the "Art of Tea" very nice, with a subtle Asian flavor.

Reiki Light Touch is also very nice.

Troyce

carolinew
05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Now we have the lighter and warmer (ha ha) mornings here in not so sunny London, it is nice to have the windows open and listen to the dawn chorus. I'm working on getting a patio/decent even surface out side to train on to enjoy the birdies even more!