PDA

View Full Version : Chen Lao Jia Yi Lu Die Zha (Stretch Down)

AikiMan
04-20-2005, 12:52 AM
I learning the Lao Jia Yi Lu, and it is reaching the part of Die Zha (stretch down) soon I find it difficult to do this even I can do the Tae Kwon Do split, I seem to be not able to push my front leg forward, any pre-requite exercise to prepare for this. Thanks in advance. :)

Greyphantom
04-20-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by AikiMan
I learning the Lao Jia Yi Lu, and it is reaching the part of Die Zha (stretch down) soon I find it difficult to do this even I can do the Tae Kwon Do split, I seem to be not able to push my front leg forward, any pre-requite exercise to prepare for this. Thanks in advance. :)

The way I look at it is the beginning is like a combination of the end of Shan Tong Bei (flash the back) and the beginning of Yan Shou Hong Quan (covered hand punch) where you jump off the left leg and onto the right... for the above movement then slide step out to the full split stance... at the moment I can only get to a squat stance but I am working on it...

soraya
04-20-2005, 08:59 PM
This is difficult and dangerous. A few practitioners have pulled and teared their inner thigh muscles. The squat is a prerequisite and eventually you can get into die zha. You may do specific stretches of the inner muscles of the thigh but you seem to have no problem with splitting. I used to use my hands on the ground to support until I could do it.