PDA

View Full Version : tassel

fourquet
04-27-2005, 05:09 PM
somebody here know exactly how to attach a tassel the right way to a sword?

tks

Fourquet

carolinew
04-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Don't know how to attach it, but know it's there to confuse the other guy in a fight!

fourquet
04-28-2005, 10:20 AM
its alredy confused me to attach it
but thats ok i find a way :)

fourquet

Marc Heyvaert
04-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Hello,

At the end of the sword handle there is generally a bolt to keep blade, handle, etc together. In this bolt there is a little hole. If you buy a tassel for the jian it will probably be a relatively light type with thin rope. Ideally you should be able to thread the (double) rope through the hole. Now you have a 'loop' at the other end through which you can put the balls and loose threads. Pull and you are done.

Ocasionally the rope will be too thick to be threaded through the hole doubled up. I had this with a number of tassels that are a bit too heavy really. If the rope on its own, so just the single rope, can be threaded through, you can cut the loop and tie it back again.

If your jian has no hole you can also tape on the tassel. Another alternative is to take of the bolt, add a little chain or ring or piece of iron wire, put the bolt back on and attach the tassel.

Marc

soraya
04-28-2005, 07:27 PM
If it is too thick to be threaded, just use a thick needle and put the loop through without cutting it. The thickest needle is still thin enough to pas the whole

erwins
04-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Assuming you have a hole at the end of the handle, but it is too small for double tassel rope to go through, here is a trick.
Take a thin wire, fold it in half, let the tassel rope hang in the middle of wire through it's own loop, put together the open end of wire and thread through the hole and pull it through until tassel rope is forced through the hole. Pull the rope through enough so the tassel ball and dangling stuff goes through tassel rope you just pulled through hole. Then remove wire, and pull tassel end tight. Voila.