PDA

View Full Version : Wu Hao Style video clips

Pyran
05-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows of any video clips showing Wu Hao style Tai Chi.

Any suggestions for links to clips demonstrating other styles would also be welcome.

Thanks

Pyran

Shark
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
there is a short demonstration of wu hao on a video called"The Best of American T'ai Chi".In fact this interesting video contains demo's of quite a few different styles including snake style t'ai chi,guang ping and li;
Possibly the rarest of the 5 major styles,in terms of the number of people who practice it,wu hao is also one of the most pleasing to look at;
there are also some demo's of this style done by various participants in the opening ceremonies of jimmy
wong's taiji legacy videos;
(may have to google to find website);these also contain demo's by a goodly number of legendary grandmasters;a must for the serious taichi video collector

stanton
05-23-2005, 04:29 AM
Sun style is based on wu/hao (weizhen) variation of taijiquan. The outward posture mechanics are easily seen.

Aboroth
05-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Hi Pyran,

I always get confused as to which Wu style is which, but I think that the video on http://www.taiji.de/ is of Wu Hao style.

Boris.

BillT
05-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Boris- I'm delighted that you brought this to the attention of the forum! I've wondered a lot about what Wu/Hao forms look like. This is clearly NOT the Tai Chi of Wu Chuan Yau, the "Wu Family" Tai Chi. By default, I assume you are correct, that this is Hao Tai Chi.

The forms remind me a lot of the Yang style, more than I would have expected. The change of rhythms and expression of Fa Jing look like Chen, and a few of the postures seem unique to this style.

Again, many thanks! Bill

Aboroth
05-27-2005, 06:01 PM
That's ok Bill, I'm just surprised that not many Tai Chi practicioners with a connection to the Internet know of taiji.de. I would imagine it would be a good source for refreshing peoples memory of the forms if they get stuck (without having tp purchase a DVD/VCD/VHS). As for myself, I haven't learnt enough to start forgetting material :)

I can see what you mean about the remarkable similarity to Yang style, although I can't comment on the likeness to Chen, since I haven't had the pleasure of learning Chen. I've considered it many times but I think it would be best if I got somewhere with my Yang before I take up anything more.

Boris.

Pyran
05-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Boris.

Ah yes! www.taiji.de. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure I've come across it before. Unfortunately my hard disk recently failed on my main computer and I lost a lot of my Tai Chi links.

Regards, Pyran

fourquet
05-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Hao style taichi seems to be a beauty
also can see like in Sun style the "stop and go" foot/body works

a very intersesting video

fourquet
06-06-2005, 07:36 AM
still looking at the clip

I really like this style

especialy the footwork its like floating on clouds

anybody here in the forum know more about this style

and also know about a instructional DVD

thanks

Pyran
06-06-2005, 08:01 AM
fourquet......instructional DVD's/Videos

Yes, there are some. Have been looking at the possibility of exploring this style myself. I don't have any of the DVD's/Videos yet so I can't comment on how good they are. I think it would be very difficult to find many, if at all, that are as good as Dr Lam's productions.

I haven't povided specific links to products but if you enter the following into the Google search engine you will find some items:

Jiang Jianye Wu Hao
Wu Hao Style Tai Chi Chuan Double DVD

Regards

Pyran

fourquet
06-06-2005, 08:10 AM
thanks pyran

the problems with instructional DVD is
i am addict to DR. lam one's

he know how to teach well

i have some DVD and VHS at home from others teacher and very often the instructional are not so easy to follow and some are impossible to learn from

so i dont want lost money
especialy with a style i dont know a lots

but i will continue my search... :) on this tai chi style

its looks very interesting

fourquet
06-08-2005, 10:23 AM
anybody out there got some information
and or web link talking about Hao style?