and also is it safe?

thanks

fourquet
06-06-2005, 04:55 AM
finaly nobody heard or know this topic?

Marc Heyvaert
06-06-2005, 05:18 AM
Hello,

There is a Chinese Classic on 'bone marrow washing' which is basically the subject we are on.

This is a page that explains some of the stuff:

http://www.taoisthealing.com/bone_breathing.html

Mantak Chia has a book on bone marrow nei kung and you will find some pointer on sites about TCM

Regards

Marc

Shark
06-06-2005, 07:23 AM
have heard of this and it is quite real;but i would not attempt without personal qualified guidance

fourquet
06-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Yes it is the reality in internal style martial arts

we all know taichi health benefit
but in same time in the deep internal things its seems to have some danger

Shark
06-06-2005, 08:59 AM
these things have danger only to the extent that they must be taught and interpreted properly;
marrow washing has it's origins w/bodhidarma but the taichi form contains everything anyway;including the development of jing,the increased production of bone marrow etc.

fourquet
06-13-2005, 02:10 PM
how all of those things can be include in the taiji form

as more i understand tai chi i find out so many class are like only doing a dance

well at least it is very different than the book i read about condensing breathing and chi awarness method

and circulation of chi in the body

I dont know many instructors talking such topic

so sometime i find out myself confused

maybe its better to only do the dance
its seems less risk

Thanks

Shark
06-13-2005, 07:11 PM
instructors generally don't get into this stuff because there is so much information for the student to process that they don't want you to become over saturated;(some people can handle the volume of information better than others and it sounds like you are someone who can);
at any rate these are the types of things you are more likely to discover as you journey foward but it's also best to consult with a qualified person so that you can be assured of recieving correct information;
breathing techniques are tricky business and without proper instruction you may do yourself more harm than good,best of luck to you.
(p.s. teachers have witheld
information from me too over the years and there's not a damn thing you can do about it,tho it can be frustrating;just know that if you love something enough it will eventually give up all of it's secrets)

fourquet
06-13-2005, 07:39 PM
what kind of harm it can do exactly
maybe t better to know than hurt myself

i know i am not so experiented practitioner
it is why i am asking question here

i try to learn the right way
maybe i try to go to fast

thanks a lots for your advice :)

Melanie
06-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Fourquet

In the beginning one learns Tai Chi by its choreography only(the body teaches the mind, the mind passes on to the spirit). Shark is right that too much theory would possibly oversaturate the student although the movements are designed in such a way that your questions will be answered. I suggest my students to either buy a book for theory or attend a special class for theory. During choreography I do give comments on theory and repeat them. Most important is however focus and relaxation, the gate to internal energy

Re. breathing students very often become obsessed with breathing and really concentrate on coordinating their breathing in an over-precise manner. This will keep them from relaxing and their qi flowing smoothly.

Short forms are more effective for beginners because they will have the feeling of having completed a form very quickly. After this I start an in-depth class with the same form,where I emphasize more on breathing and qi details, how to distinguish full and empty.

Unfortunately I have seen many "teachers" who only know choreography themselves. It is OK to do this but they must be honest enough to refer their students to a more competent teacher once they have passed the choreography stage.

To answer your question: bad breathing techniques, there are so many of them that I can't put it into words will cause damage to your heart. Many people simply hold their breath when trying to breathe too precisely, the result is impaired blood flow to your heart, increase arterial and pulmonal blood pressure.

One of my teachers said that breathing is not something to talk or think about, it is something you just simply DO

fourquet
06-14-2005, 11:16 AM
thanks for your advice Melanie and shark

for the breathing I use instruction of DR. LAM DVD

breathing in and out in open/close hands in Sun style

and also what i learned in karate
to breathout in a strike

in karate if you strike or block you need to be empty of air its give power and protects your body

usualy in taichi form if i use this way it is syncro in the form

also if i dont focus on breathing and do a long form or repetition of short form

breathing come naturaly deep and at the end of movement it is breathout

i think this is ok

i also use a lots of natural breathing
in transition forms

I dont focus a lots on this
if i need air i take air :)

I dont use the condensing breating and qi circulation i read in this book because i think and feel maybe it is strange a little bit esoteric for my experince
i only wanted to have conversation in a such topic

I also dont concentrate on QI flow
even i feel QI in my hands sometime
"hand feeling if i was outside in a cold winter and after back in a house, its make feel blood and like your hand come back to normal temp."

I dont mind that.

I try to relax my mind and feel confortable in my form
this part is not so easy

even if my form is not perfect , hands position and foot work if i feel confortable i dont mind too much also

I begun Taichi for health reason but because of my backgroung in karate I know taichi for be effective in a martial arts way are not only a "DANCE"

unfrotunalty until yet i didnt find an instructor who i am confortalbe with him/her in my arera and also i am looking for Sun style in Montreal area and not succesfull yet

so here are all my instructors
i think its better than nothing

especialy in Sun style a lots of poeples play that in this forum so it a tresure of informations

Merci beaucoup :)