PDA

View Full Version : Had my first class in Chen style taiji...

Greyphantom
07-26-2004, 01:39 AM
Well I started my taiji class on Sunday... it was excellent... and anyone who thinks that taiji is easy should really think again... my legs and shoulders were very sore... I started with qigong for the first hour and couldnt believe how hard actually just sitting or standing there is... was awesome though... and then the silk reeling and first postures/movements followed on after a quick break... loved every second of it... total enjoyment and lots of sweat... didnt know you sweated that much in taiji... the instructor was brilliant and with a very slight adjustment a couple of times made me feel the movement much better... definitely going back again... I also think that Chen style is definitely the one for me... I really dont have the words to describe how cool it was... cant wait for my next class... already booked a workshop for one weekend... great stuff...

stanton
07-26-2004, 08:48 AM
GP,

That sounds great! Just remember your comments about Chen today and see how you will enjoy it in the future.

keep on practicing.

soraya
07-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Yes, i was taught the qi gong, several types of meditation and silk reeling after i came to the Chen school as a certified Yang teacher.

I see, you are going to have a great time, but it's hard work. Who is your Grandmaster or lineage holder? Gm Chenxiaowang or -Zhong Lei?

Greyphantom
07-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Stanton... Yes I am excited by the journey ahead and I practice every day (getting up at 0600... the wife is amazed...!!!) for at least and hour... I try to learn one new movement a week and then practice till its right before moving on to the next (thats with self study) and now with a teacher it means that all my little faults are corrected... even better..

Soraya... my teacher is Shifu Quan Jun Liu learns from/trains under Master Liming Yue who has learnt from (and still does apparantly) Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei, but has also trained under Grandmaster Kongjie Gou and Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang... I have yet to meet him (I have booked a place on his workshop in sept) so I dont have alot of info about the exact lineage... youre right about hard work and I know I am going to thoroughly enjoy it... cheers...