PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Sutton Coldfield in October

norm_one
08-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Sutton Coldfield Workshop

Hi Just thought I'd ask any one out there going to TCA I or TCAII workshop in OCTOBER in Sutton Coldfield England. I know of a few people who could'nt get in the Manchester workshop in May because it was full are going.

Looks like being another great weekend with Dr Paul Lam. Lesley Roberts is the organizer of this weekend. Any information contact lesley@lifestyletaichi.co.uk or follow the link. http://www.taichiproductions.com/workshops/index.php.

Every one feels at home in Dr Lam's workshop wether they have been practicing Tai Chi for years or it is a new experince for them.
for those returing for TCA II it's good to meet old friends and make new ones and for those in TCA I a great chance to make new TAI CHI friends.

Might even get a few posts about other workshops and what you thought about them in other parts of the world

Dr. Paul Lam
08-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Norm, good to hear from you.

yes i did a wonderful workshop here in London, Ontario.

Last few day i am learning alot in the 6th World congress of activities and ageing, I have met many people from UK, USA, Canada and australia. the talk i delivered with the topic of "Tai Chi for the Ageing" was well received and well covered by the newspaper London Post here... the door man recognised me from the TV appearance last night. My local friends told me folks here are very conservative so that having such media coverage for tai chi is unusual. I have also given a talk with the Arthritis Society of London. My local organiser Stephanie Hill has done a fantastic job! many delegates came to tell me how much they like tai chi and my talk. there is great tai chi enthusiasm everywhere!

anyone who is interested in my workshops please check out the workshop calendar at:
http://www.taichiproductions.com/workshops/index.php

Shark
08-06-2004, 08:13 PM
sounds great Dr.L
some of you may have heard that the t'ai chi farm is back in action since last year and has been holding court thro July.
wondered if anyone on here was in attendance;great masters workshops from Marylin Cooper to Yang Jwing Ming

soraya
08-06-2004, 11:10 PM
I'm still planning and preparing to organize Paul's workshops in Germany or neighboring countries. A bit unfortunate that i plan to reduce my travels and may not be able , at least unable to promise, to act as local organizer. I will not spend enough time in Germany anymore to organize Paul's workshops. My workshops are being organized by a new organizer and we already try to work out somethng for Paul. My organizer is great.

Last July we had our Taoist camp in Gmr Chenxiaowang and co. in Rogla, Slovenia. Great atmosphere, beginners and old cracks alike from 17 to 70. Rogla is great, mountainous and cheap. The workshop cost approximately 250EUR(roughly 2260US$) for 7 days including talks, demos and push hands with the master. Accommodation 35EUR for hotel room incl 3 large vegetarian buffets, only possible in East European countries.

soraya
08-06-2004, 11:41 PM
It was a typing mistake, 1 EUR is about the same as 1 US$. Gmr Chen's workshop received attention from all over the world, from Australia, US, Asia and Europe, all coming to Rogla.

Paul
Bhezad Iskandarien, my German organizer may be able to host your workshop but we will try to do my workshops first and see how it goes. Our workshop are more in the fitness or prevention industry rather than clinical or rehab. But in Germany i didn't notice too much difference between the two like in Australia. Even the clinical group is quite fast and motivated, i can teach them quit much and fast, i don't know why. Is it the local cultural mentality or my enthusiasm?

Dr. Paul Lam
08-09-2004, 07:31 AM
i guess the tempo of each workshop depends very much on the instructor and participants. my workshop seems to come across same kind of people who care and like to work with older person...therefore i seems to get the same great atmosphere and right rhythm.

norm_one
08-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi All

The one thing that I have noticed is that Tai Chi people (if I can say that) are on the whole nice people who will go the extra bit to help. So if you have a lot of these type of people in a room with a good caring instructor things are just going to Gel.

You only have to look on this forum to see the help and advice that is given.

Yes you will always get the odd one who is on the ego trip, but hay if it makes them happy and they don't disrupt, let them get on with it.

One of the best parts about Tai Chi is being able to share and if some one starts the journey with a little bit of help from one of us thats got to be great

norm_one
09-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi All

I spoke to Lesley this week who is organizing the above workshop and She told me that resopnce has been great. So another great workshop weekend in oct on it's way

Well done Lesley