PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone familiar/learning a 2 person form?

stanton
09-03-2004, 11:10 AM
The one I learned I do not know the origin of it.

It is Yang related (appears to have Chen format but restylized to fit Yang style) and has no name. It is just called Yang 2 person form. It is not unique as for evrey variation of Yang style there is a 2 person form.
Though I have not found it useful, it does bring insight into its organization. For beginners who have no martial experience it is good since the response(s) tauight in the 2 person form cannot be duplicated in real life. They are completely off. It teaches movement and response that th ebeginner may find useful.
It is of no essence when up against gunfu.

There are some (very few) parallels with the form and it doesn't measure up when aligned with wushu format taijiquan.

One excellent thing about wushutaijiquan is that many of the competitors far exceed the fitness, agility and cardiovascular endurance of the specifically tai chi crowd. That in itself, is vastly positive..

For those involved with 2 person tai chi forms, have you all seen any benefit through its practice and usage?

Bossman
09-13-2004, 02:01 PM
I learned the 2 man form taught by Chu Gin Soon which I understand he didn't learn from Yang Sau Chung but did have it corrected by him. I find it very useful and practical. There is also the Yang application 2 man form which is taught by the family and can be seen in the Yang Sau Chung red book, 'Practical Tai Chi Chuan' which I find much better.

soraya
09-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I don't know who created the form but i think i know what you are talking about. This is a 2-person drill san shou which is definitely NOT"not measurable to a wushu(whats that?) tjj". It is not obvious to the bare eye and contains a lot of silk reeling and internal strength. For this you need to have a very good shape of a 1-person empty hand form.

You can see a video by Jiang Jian Ye but as Shark said it cannot show what a person needs to FEEL during a 2-person form. Again you need a GOOD shape of a solo form empty hands and enough natural sensitivity beforehand. A teacher is crucial

soraya
09-13-2004, 10:39 PM
It contains traditional Yang family postures along with Chenxiaowang's chan si Gong techniques. You can obtain the video from www.wle.com(sorry Paul)