PDA

View Full Version : Photos for the past workshops

Dr. Paul Lam
09-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Hello everyone

I have just posted the photos of the last workshops in August and September 2004 at London Ontario, Sydney, Wagga and South Australia. You can find the complete list of thousands of photos from previous workshops at this link
http://www.taichiproductions.com/workshops/past_wsphotos.php

At my high school days I was very interested in photography, perhaps this was what started me to produce tai chi videos/DVDs. Since a few months ago, I discovered that digital cameras are getting nearly as good as the old fashioned ones, i have been taking lots of photos. Although it is time consuming to convert them and post them on line, i do enjoy this task.

Try take pictures or video of yourself doing tai chi and look at them, you can learn a lot from looking at yourself.

soraya
09-19-2004, 01:52 AM
Paul

Yes I enjoyed your photos very much and I am a poor photographer. My family is good at it however.

Yes using a video camera for Tai Chi(or any other like figure skating and dancing) is even better than camera or mirror. Master Jim from the Wing Chun school uses this as a regular education tool. I do it for Tai Chi too lately with my students, apart from using a 3-dimensional giant mirror. For psychological reasons i tend to refrain from overcorrection and let them do their own correction work.

If you watch a video, you can sit down, watch yourself critically in a positive manner,make notes of what you would like to improve and discuss it with students and teachers

Dahlis Roy
09-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Totally agree, Paul and Soraya,

Still shots and/or video camera can help imensly with Tai Chi self-correction.

Paul, your photos are beautiful! What a gift you have, an artist's eye.

Dahlis