PDA

View Full Version : an interest rekindled

Shark
10-08-2004, 06:33 AM
"when you can snatch the pebble from my hand..."
recently purchased the dvd box set of "Kung Fu" w/David Carradine,first season.
One of the producers noted in the "features" section when he mentioned it to some kid that the kid responded"oh yeah,my GRANDFATHER told me about that tv show!"
even though Carradine"s ta'i chi commercials sparked my interest in the first place,i had heard much criticism about him from my teachers over the years that had actually watched his videos and pronounced them,"not worth a damn."
what a treat it was then to watch in perfect detail these marvellously restored
shows and to be able to apply new insight.
Good,recognizeable performances of the Shaolin
animal forms with wonderful explanation and narrations;The young Kwai Chang Cain doing t"ai chi routines of "grasp bird's tail" and other Bodidharma forms and of course all the memorable sayings of his teachers.Finally his assimilation into a crude Western society smoothly acted by Carradine.Watching these nostalgic episodes has been a rekindled pleasure
that has given me much satisfaction.dammit,they actually did it right!!

carolinew
10-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I think I love you. I too am a Kung Fu fan, and David Carradine can float my boat. Season 1 is available from Amazon and Season 2 is due out in November. I also own David Carradines Tai Chi Work Out and David Carradines Kung Fu Work out because I have the bug like mad!

I don't know if it will help anyones Tai Chi, but for all fellow Carradine Fans try www.kungfu-guide.com/addendum.html

If you can take the pebble from my hand grasshopper..........

carolinew
10-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Sorry, my enthusiasm got the better of me. I didn't read your thread properly.

Actually when I told my teacher about the Tai Chi Video, he didn't say it was bad or good, he said it was a usefull comparison!

Did you know that before Kung Fu David Carradine was a dancer?