PDA

View Full Version : brush knee/repluse monkey

catpat
12-15-2004, 03:30 AM
2 questions...
brush knee left... is that left hand up and brush knee with right hand
what is the difference between brush knee and repulse monkey as done in TCA ...they seem very similar

Thanks
Cathy

carolinew
12-15-2004, 12:31 PM
I do Traditional Yang Style Long Form. When I do it brush knee is a forward movement and repuls monkey is a backwards movement. I knoe thes movements vary depending on which form you are doing

stanton
12-15-2004, 02:17 PM
catpat,

Sun style brush knee: e.g. brush left/push right hand forward with sun style posture requirements. The 73 Form does not have a repulse monkey posture as per yang or Wu style.

soraya
12-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Cathy

Don't confuse Yang style repulse monkey and brush knee with Sun style. In Sun style, repulse monkey and brush knee is exactly the same, just with more angles and heel turning. Do you have part II TCA video? Watch it again thoroughly, Paul made a comment on this, exactly when starting the repulse monkey movements.

soraya
12-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Cathy

I hate to tell people what to do but this repulse monkey confusion is very common with people trying to learn Sun and Yang at the same time. In Paul's workshop you may find instructors and other people to help you around but I would suggest staying with Sun style first. But let Paul advise you and have good fun in the workshop!!!!

catpat
12-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the prompt response (as usual ) Both my questions are answered
Cheers
cathy