PDA

View Full Version : All The Best Christmas & New Year

norm_one
12-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Hi All
I would like to wish everybody a happy Christmas and new year.
A special thanks to Dr Paul Lam and the team at Tai Chi Productions. Also a special thanks to all who have contributed to the forum over the past year. I know I have benefited from the information that the members have posted and hope to do so in the future. I am sure this site has helped spread the word about Tai Chi and probably been responsible for starting a few journeys. Keep up the good work. I wish every one a Healthy 2005

Shark
12-18-2004, 08:17 AM
i heartily join you in those sentiments Norm,thank you and wish everyone on the forum a very joyous hoiday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!~~~);;^;;>

as usual i will be practicing taiji in the clearing of a wood behind the house on Christmas morning and i invite all of you to join me;you will be in my thoughts on Christmas day and i'm sending you the very best wishes for this coming New Year;make any sacrifice necessary to stay healthy!!!!

carolinew
12-18-2004, 10:39 AM
I too would like to add my good wishes for everyone, however you celebrate rhis holiday.

It is winter in the UK. and in the run up to Christmas, my tai chi practice is my oasis of galm in the chaos. Since starting Tai Chi, Christmas preperation has become easier.

Thank you all for being here and for all your good advice. I wiah everyone a peacefull holiday, and a happy healthy and prosperous new year!:) :cool:

Dahlis Roy
12-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Hi Everyone!

Best ever Tai Chi Holidays!

Great Forum for sharing in 2005.

Enjoy your Tai Chi and good health.

Love, Dahlis

catpat
12-19-2004, 03:10 AM
Merry Christmas and season's greetings to all..
Here in Australia...at 5pm it was too hot outside to practice !!! Need to be up about 7am to be comfortable.
Cheers to all
Cathy

soraya
12-19-2004, 04:50 PM
In the coastal areas you always have a breeze despite 35 yesterday. I start practising at 5 am until sunrise behind Shelley Beach head at 600 am on Manly Beach, or exactly Queenscliff beach where I live. After this I hop on the jetcat to my work. After work another session from 7 until 800pm with my weapons, ending with the sunset behind the Sydney harbour heads. I combine my Tai Chi with walking very briskly with Tai Chi principles because I had a fair amount of cookies and fruit cake already.

Manly is a tourist resort and I had many people among others 2 Tai Chi masters from China joining in into the practice. I have a spare sword and one of the Chinese ladies took her umbrella.

The Poages
12-19-2004, 07:56 PM
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all!!!

I wish I had the same troubles as those "down under." :D When my wife and I left the in-laws (mine) this morning, it was 21 with a wind-chill of 3 F. Yesterday it was "crisp" though, barely below freezing; so we did the forms on the deck looking out into the sunrise with a forest field in the foreground. After that, it was nearly anti-climactic to return to our nice, warm living room to do the forms today.

Shark
12-19-2004, 10:32 PM
soraya,hearing about your beautiful surrondings always makes me jealous;(especially when you throw in the two chinese masters);i guess an umbrella can be used for more than keeping you dry but i did read about a rare "cane form" of taichi somewhere;
poages,since you're starting out,allow me to pass on a bit of overprotective advice about outdoor practice from the great Yang Cheng Fu,the grandfather of Yang T'ai Chi Chuan,whose heyday was about a century before us;don't practice in areas that are very windy, too damp or have bad smells;because if you're breathing properly all this stuff can be taken deep into the lungs.
(your home sounds like one of those out of architectural digest so it sounds like your in pretty good shape anyway but as the homeboys say,"word")
practice safe newcomers,our thoughts are with you.
(sorry about all the blab but i'm home alone bored and at these times the keyboard has a way of making it's presence felt,your forgiveness is appreciated,
share a cup of rice wine w/someone you love)

bobo711
12-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Happy holidays to all of my newfound friends this year. As I reflect back at this time, I am reminded how much all of your help has meant to me. I am thankful for all the help I've received from all of you, it's been very enjoyable for me as well as very educational.

Dr. Lam, thank you for being my instructor, I'm a better person and instructor because of it. I look forward to a great new year together and I wish all of you a 2005 filled with love, hope and peace.

May your chi flow strong and true and best wishes to you and yours for a life overflowing with all that is good. Take care.

Bob

The Poages
12-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Thank you for the much-appreciated advice. I never really thought about the air-pollution aspect of it. We're still VERY much beginning our journey as far as Tai Chi goes and are always open for advice.

On a completely different subject: Tomoorw's my last day of school!!! Growing up, I didn't know the teachers were as excired as the kids for vacation. If they were, they hid it much better than I do!! :D