PDA

View Full Version : t'ai chi books for Christmas

Shark
12-25-2004, 06:20 PM
i was unusually lucky this year to be gifted w/every t'ai chi book on my Christmas list!
of particular note was a fascinating book i would highly reccomend to anyone on this site called "The Shaolin Grandmaster's Text.
Tho this is a book which goes into detail about about the shaolin order,so much of it is applicable to our practices.
if you will permit me a quote comprising the preface of this fabulous text,i'm sure it will inspire us to go foward into the upcoming year with our marvellous practices.
it goes like this:
"Buddha's instruction to a young nobleman:"Life does not give us time to prepare all things before taking action.We must take action as best we can,as we need to,and learn all else we need while we ourselves are in action.Don't put off doing what you can and what you know is important just because you do not know the unknowable."
Anyone else get a t'ai chi book or subscipt for Christmas?

carolinew
12-30-2004, 05:08 AM
For me Tai Chi Books make brilliant presents. Since I have a list of books I'd like I just tell people what I want or ask for book tokens. I work in a library, so tend to give books and book tokens as gifts too.

I also give books to other people, and a list of my favorite Tai Chi Sites this one being top of the list!

I wasn't so lucky in getting Tai Chi books this year, but I will be visiting Amazon amongst other sites to fill my list!

carolinew
12-30-2004, 05:10 AM
as a P.S to my last reply, Tai Chi videos make brilliant presents too, I have some of DR. Lams videos, and would also reccoment the book Overcomming Arthrits as it is full of usefull information.