PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi is better than

carolinew
01-11-2005, 01:32 PM
chocolate!

At work we were having fun working out what made everyone else feel good. I am down as the chocoholic.

The we decided that as certain foods made us feel good they MUST be health foods.

It was at this point I began to wonder if I was some kind of health freak as I like doing Tai Chi, it makes me feel good, and then I realised I like Tai Chi BETTER than I like chocolate, and it wont make my clothes shrink!

So the question is what is Tai Chi better than for everyone else?

soraya
01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Feeling good comes from within. When one needs Tai Chi, chocolate or *** just in order to feel better, it means that there may be something within oneself. Of course Tai Chi is much better than chocolate but the underlying problem, the craving and substitute for recognition and love is not solved.

Just a thought.........

soraya
01-11-2005, 05:30 PM
For Jan

Reading all your posts and experiences, I think you have achieved something incredible by doing Tai Chi. However, I do have the impression that you are a strong personality. Certainly I feel that Tai Chi has made you grow and has brought you where you are now. You are a true inspiration to other people.

My question to Jan and all would be:
Was it Tai Chi or was it Jan's strong will which has improved her health by that much? It is very well known, that apart from physical activity the circumstances in which you learn, your own motivation and many other factors do play a great role.

Would Jan have improved with a suitable Chen form?
The form I'm working at is as gentle and easy, suitable for the wheelchair-bound as TCA. Would she have improved through therapeutic meditative dancing or curative eurhythmy, the "European version of Tai Chi"? Was it Paul Lam, the soaring crane who gave her the right inspiration? He got me to re-assume Tai Chi after a 7-year-pause.

Last but not least: many people who have a condition like arthritis feel angry and sad about their condition. How about the feelings of these people? NOt every person can feel positive about their illness, at least not straight away.They may find being neglected bcause only the people who talk positive about Tai CHi and their illness are mentioned by the leaders of a workshop.

I know this is revolutionary, but i am not a follower and would like to present issues that are real but not often talked about. I experienced people who are furious but talk positive in order to get more attention from their leaders.........

Shark
01-11-2005, 11:06 PM
t'ai chi is better than...
sipping hot chocolate by crackling fire during a snow storm after ***.(now that's hard to beat).
grannyjan is actually younger than me.now THAT'S
scary.
deep down i think we're a pretty sad group and this forum,for many of us,is a kind of therapy.(even a form of addiction for some)
so tie off your arm,heat up that spoon and fix us up with another post before the withdrawal symptoms kick in and just be grateful you're not in rehab.
(would you like me to call someone?)

Dragon6743
01-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Taiji is FAR better than: Being smeared with Alpo dog chow while buck naked, and then skydiving into the main holding pin at "Roscoes' Rotwieler Ranch"

carolinew
01-12-2005, 01:15 PM
I think I've started something here. May we all continue to feel good and enjoy the things that help us stay healthy!

Melanie
01-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Is Tai Chi better than.......... surfing the wild waves at Airlie Beach or Manly where my mum lives? We both teach TCA/D/B to surfers.

There is nothing more cool than those sudden incoming skyhigh waves...eh....They kick you up..your adrenalin is pooooouring.......attach your tongue to your palate and take a deeeeeep breath!!!!!!!!!!! Bend yur knees, open your hips(kua) and go with the flow, absorb the incoming force...we have heard of it before...eh......imagine a thread hanging from the sky........breathe out and let your heavenly qi sink to your dantien.........Of course your mind needs to be cleansed from all that ****ing rubbish(sorry Paul) but this is common jargon in surf circles in Oz.

carolinew
01-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Wow, sounds like a real adrenaline rush.

And speaking personally, the odd swear word adds colour when it is used in this way, but I know some people are offended by it!

Shark
01-13-2005, 09:05 PM
getting ready for the "ironman" competition? better get the boats out there;say hi to the aussie supermodels,give 'em a "perve" for me