Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 AM

Minimum Age

Dr. Lam,
I have thoroughly enjoyed your website and DVD's. They are very inspiring!!! I have a young, exceptional karate/Tai Chi student who is 16 years old. She (recently diagnosed with scoliosis) has a growing passion for Tai Chi and what it has to offer to everyone. I told her that I was planning on going through your programs this year and she asked about becoming a certified instructor as well. Is there a minimun age that someone can become certified instructor? This would set her on a life-time path of teaching.
Thanks you!!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM

Dear Charles

It is great to hear that your student is enthusiastic about tai chi. There are quite a few young people who have qualified as instructors whilst still in their teens. Usually they have been exposed to tai chi over the years as their own parents are instructors (and in some cases Master Trainers).

I would recommend that your student studies my Tai Chi for Arthritis program, which would also be suitable for her medical condition. The TCA instructor qualification is recognised worldwide, and has been adopted by many Arthritis Foundations.

Your student can find out more about the process by clicking on the How to Become an Instructor link at the left of this screen. This link has full details on the training process, and who is eligible.

I look forward to meeting both of you at one of my workshops!

Dr Paul Lam
Family physician and conjoint lecturer, Univ. NSW
Director, Tai Chi for Health Institute
4 - 6 Fisher Place Narwee, Sydney NSW 2209 Australia
p +61 2 9533 6511
f +61 2 9534 4311
e service@taichiforhealthinstitute.org
www.taichiforhealthinstitute.org
Subscribe my newsletter: www.taichiforhealthinstitute.org/newsletter

PS: If you wish to communicate with me personally, please send an email to the address above and write on the subject line 'For Dr Lam's Attention'.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM

88 Forms

Dr Lam,
I believe that I have heard or read that you began learning Tai Chi with the Yang 88 Forms. Do you plan on releasing an instructional DVD for the 88 Forms? I would love the challenge of learning the long set!!
Sincerely,
Charles
Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 AM

Hello Charles

Yes, the first set I learned was the Yang 108. Currently I have no plans to release a Yang 88 DVD. However if you are interested in Yang Style then I would recommend that you study my Yang 40 DVD. The Yang 40 contains all the major features, techniques and internal energy of the Yang 88 but it is more compact and very well composed. I use it when I want to practice my Yang Style because I can cover all the techniques in less time.

Dr Paul Lam
Family physician and conjoint lecturer, Univ. NSW
Director, Tai Chi for Health Institute
4 - 6 Fisher Place Narwee, Sydney NSW 2209 Australia
p +61 2 9533 6511
f +61 2 9534 4311
e service@taichiforhealthinstitute.org
www.taichiforhealthinstitute.org
Subscribe my newsletter: www.taichiforhealthinstitute.org/newsletter

PS: If you wish to communicate with me personally, please send an email to the address above and write on the subject line 'For Dr Lam's Attention'.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: